We held our opencpn seminar yesterday and shared ( thanks to Marc from Liquid )
most satellite kap files of the coast between Barra de Navidad and Panama !
- If you missed it you can download opencpn for free from
https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/info/downloadopencpn.html ( mac / pc / android versions )
- Download Google earth pro v6.2 or later ( use license key GEFREE)
3. Here is how to get satellite image chartlets into open CPN
- the satellite images are now on the server – so download them all ( 2.7 GB !! )
- place them into their own directory – create a directory (folder) with a unique name
example (c:\ge_charts )
- launch / open OpenCpn
- and add the charts –
click on Options ( little wrench) -> Charts -> Add Directory -> Select the Folder you just created -> example (c:\ge_charts )
- Click [x] Scan Charts and update Database – Apply – wait and voila !
- Seminar attendance in Barra de Navidad